MyMedicare patients will have access to:
- Greater continuity of care with their registered practice, improving health outcomes.
- Longer MBS-funded telephone calls (Levels C and D) with their usual general practice.
- Triple bulk billing incentive for longer MBS telehealth consultations (Levels C, D and E) for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders.
MyMedicare registration will not prevent you from accessing care from other practices and healthcare providers. The longer MBS telehealth items and the new aged care and frequent hospital users incentives will be linked to us as your registered practice.
To register our practice under your MyMedicare, you can complete registration in one of the following ways:
- You can commence the registration process in your Medicare online services (Medicare Online Account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile application), and our practice staff can then accept the registration in MyMedicare.
- Practice staff can start the patient registration process in MyMedicare. You will then need to complete and provide consent for the registration in your Medicare online services.
- You can fill out a registration form at the practice and sign the form to provide consent. The practice will then enter your registration details into the MyMedicare system to complete the registration.
- Patients who register with a DVA Veteran Card will need to fill out a registration form at the practice, as registration via Medicare online services can only be completed using a Medicare card.
- A parent/guardian will need to register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf.
- Young people aged 14 to 17 years will be able to register and provide consent without a parent/guardian. It is important to note that registration for a child under 14 years will need to be completed at the practice.
Most patients will need to have 2 face-to-face visits recorded with the same practice in the previous 24 months to be eligible to register with that practice.
Parents/guardians and children can be registered at the same practice if one of them is eligible and registered at the practice.
You can register for MyMedicare Via my.gov.au.